The Director Health and Safety will collaborate with leaders across the organization to achieve and maintain operational excellence in health and safety. He leads the implementation, execution and maintenance of a corporate-wide health and safety strategy. The Director will work with all levels of management to support business objectives and act as a change agent to ensure compliance with the organization’s health and safety objectives.
- Promote a unified vision of health and safety throughout the organization;
- Act as a leader in the development of an organizational culture where health and safety is central to all activities;
- Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of the health and safety program;
- Participates in the definition of the organization’s strategic health and safety objectives and facilitates the development of action plans with operations and local health and safety managers;
- Ensure that the risk assessment process is in place and is continually reviewed and ensures the issuance of safe policies, procedures, rules, work instructions and controls to appropriately address them;
- Oversee incident and accident investigations to ensure that root cause analysis is used to prevent recurrence and improve programs; ensure that the results of workplace inspections are used to improve programs;
- Establish a health and safety dashboard with key performance indicators to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Implement and oversee the disability management program and oversee the return to work and modified work program;
- Ensure all employees and managers are aware of and trained on their health and safety responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, industrial relations, health and safety;
- 15 years of experience in health and safety management with at least 5 years managing a team of health and safety specialists in a multi-site industrial environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the laws, standards and regulations governing occupational health and safety in Quebec and Ontario.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
- Proficiency in the Office suite;
- Good ability to manage stress;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change;
- Ability to travel to plants;
Bilingualism (oral and written).