Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the day laborer actively participates in production line cleaning and operator staff replacement.
- Clean factory equipment
- Replace operators on various lines: veneering, sawing and production
- Sort and crush wood
- Maintain the yard, stack log piles, remove non-compliant wood from bundles, etc.
- Cut lower-quality wood
- Cut veneer sheets
- Carry out maintenance (e.g., forklift)
- Complete other related tasks. Tasks may vary by plant.
- Prior experience in a sawmill
- Very good physical condition
- Positive attitude
- A timber classification card
- Ease with units of measure