Reporting to the wood supply supervisor, you will be responsible for scaling wood in accordance with the scaling standards and specifications of the company and/or the Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs (MFFP). You will also be responsible for ensuring quality control of the cut wood according to the technical data determined.
- Control the quality of wood arrivals (private forest);
- Perform tasks related to the scaling of wood;
- Scales wood arrivals from the private forest using the apparent and solid scale methods; PMP, cord and cubic metre scaling ;
- Measure wood samples from the public forest using the mass/volume method;
- Determine the destination of wood shipments, according to the quality of the wood (sawing, peeling, chipping);
- Compile the information in the computer;
- Ensure the follow-up of the chain of custody of the measured wood;
- Transmit the scaling reports to the MMFP, as well as to the different departments of the company;
- Carry out monthly round wood inventories in the yards and transmit the reports to the different departments of the company.
- Hold a valid scaler’s card;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Hand held computer skills
- Computer skills and knowledge of Excel spreadsheet;
- Minimum 3 years experience as a wood scaler (hardwood and/or softwood);
- Autonomous and conscientious person ;
- Available for occasional travel to other sites.