Under the supervision of the Production Superintendent, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for planning and coordinating production activities on his or her shift in order to achieve productivity, quality and efficiency while maintaining sound human resources management. In addition, he/she rigorously monitors the application of occupational health and safety regulations.
- Be a leader in health and safety;
- Ensure that work is performed in compliance with health and safety regulations and quality objectives;
- Ensure that personnel working under his/her supervision are working to their full potential;
- Ensure that products are properly manufactured according to guidelines;
- Encourage employee participation in problem solving;
- Ensure the management of materials required for efficient production;
- Maintain, adjust and track key performance indicators, evaluate variances and provide appropriate solutions;
- Maintain standards and ensure continuous improvement of operations;
- Carry out all administrative tasks for his shift while respecting the collective agreement in force;
- Work in close collaboration with all supervisors
- College diploma (DEC) in forestry technology or other related field, or any other combination deemed relevant;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in managing unionized industrial manufacturing personnel;
- Integration of health and safety as a core value;
- Excellente communication and leadership skills;
- Rigor and ability to plan and organize work;
- Relational and communication skills;
- Analytical thinking, strategic reasoning and results orientation;
- Ability to develop the skills of direct reports and others.
- Work a 5-5-4 schedule, 12 hour shift.