The technical supervisor will have to travel to the forest 50% of the time in order to ensure the follow-up of forestry operations. He/she will have to perform administrative work 50% of his/her time to write reports. This is a position for a forestry engineer or forestry technician with experience.
- Ensure the follow-up of work sites and write reports;
- Validate the quality of the cuttings in the forest, see to the respect of the prescription and the quality of the forestry work executed by the contractors;
- Validate the quality of the felled wood and the quality of the processing of the wood before delivery;
- Estimate the volume of wood in the forest and follow the inventory;
- Validate the infrastructures built;
- Follow up on non-conformities and derogations with contractors and the MFFP;
- Correct the layout of forestry equipment;
- Follow up on the invoicing of roads;
- With the help of the superintendent, prepares the cost estimates of the cutting sites;
- Any other related task allowing the good progress of the work;
- Mastery of ArcMap software;
- Knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Familiar with the Drone;
- Knowledge of LIDAR.
- Completed DEC in Forestry;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in relation to the position;
- Have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle;
- Be an autonomous and resourceful person;
- Enjoy working outdoors;
- This is a position for a forestry engineer or forestry technician with experience.